Since 1941, Mainspring is a best-in-class nonprofit preschool that eliminates the early childhood school readiness gap.
Our mission is to deliver the highest quality early education and care to Austin’s most economically disadvantaged children – along with services so each child and parent have tools for success in school and life.
A loving and individualized learning environment that systematically prepares the child and parents for success in school and life.
We are one of only 8% of centers in the US accredited by NAEYC, the nation’s most rigorous early childhood accrediting body.
- Child-directed learning
- Focus on instilling executive function skills
- Low child-to-teacher ratios
- Art, dance and music classes
- Farm-to-table meals in partnership with the Sustainable Food Center
- Trust-Based Relational Interventions (TBRI®)
- Research-based social skills curriculum
- Ample outdoor play and wellness learning
- Parent education seminars on topics like nutrition, discipline and helping children succeed in school
- Parent Advisory Council
- Parenting Support group and Counseling available