Early Head Start Toddler Teacher
Our mission is to help families break out of the cycle of poverty. For 76 years, Mainspring Schools has led Austin’s effort to provide quality early childhood education, nutrition and support services to underserved families in the community.
We are a NAEYC-accredited, nonprofit preschool that partners with United Way, AISD, Workforce Solutions, Early Head Start and numerous foundations to make sure that our kids are prepared for kindergarten socially, emotionally and educationally and that their families are in the best position for future success.
We are looking for a passionate, creative teacher to co-lead (along with another lead teacher) a room of 8 2-year-old children who are full of potential. This is a full-time position.
At Mainspring, you’ll experience low ratios, less paperwork and a hard-but-rewarding opportunity to make a real difference in kids’ lives. Good things happen here every day, so if you are inspired by the mission and want to feel challenged and fulfilled by your job, we hope you’ll be part of the team.
- Lesson planning and curriculum implementation
- Creating and maintaining a safe, yet playful environment
- Accurately assessing children
- Communicating with families
- Communicating with team members, especially your co-teacher
- Maintaining NAEYC accreditation
- A CDA, associate or bachelor's degree in education, early childhood or a related field. As part of Early Head Start, this is required.
- Experience in a licensed childcare center (NAEYC accredited preferred)
- Have or be willing to obtain: CPR/First aid certification, criminal background checks, food handler's license
- Experience working with diverse children and families
- A loving, supportive, caring attitude that extends not only towards the children in your class but also the parents in our program
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- The opportunity to make a real difference with underserved kids
- A diverse population of families and staff
- A dynamic and fun place to work (casual dress code, freedom to teach your passions, etc.)
- Annual paid training and staff development (usually on site)
- Substitutes available to cover your paid time off
- A supportive admin staff (including a full-time Director of Family Services)
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.