Our mission is to help families break out of the cycle of poverty. For 76 years, Mainspring Schools has led Austin’s effort to provide quality early childhood education, nutrition and support services to underserved families in the community.
We are a NAEYC-accredited, nonprofit preschool that partners with United Way, AISD, Workforce Solutions, Early Head Start and numerous foundations to make sure that our kids are prepared for kindergarten socially, emotionally and educationally and that their families are in the best position for future success.
We are looking for a Business Manager to handle financials, business administration and operational logistics. In this role, you would manage a variety of areas, from income and expenses to family information to events and more. With 28 team members (serving nearly 100 kids), we all pitch in where needed. You’ll interact with the staff, Board of Directors, partners and families. And that even means you could spend some time with our kids, on rare occasion.
Here is what you would do:
- Track and code expenses
- Manage payroll
- Manage billing (inc. family tuition and subsidy partners)
- Maintain and update family and personnel files
- Coordinate special events and projects
- Provide overall administrative support, including for our Board of Directors
- Open or close the school building
Here is what we are looking for:
- You must love kids! This is a school, after all.
- You must work well with adults. You’ll interact with the entire community, so it’s important to be able to develop great relationships.
- A Bachelors or Associates degree, or relevant certification
- Bookkeeping experience (CB, CPB, CPA) is a plus
- 2+ years relevant experience
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Proficient in Excel and able to learn organizational software (we are modernizing our operations and you’ll be part of that effort)
- Able to juggle multiple projects and deadlines
- Able to maintain confidential information
- Able to pass a background check. This is required.
Here is what we offer:
- The median salary for this position is $32,000 and will vary depending on your experience and education
- Vacation, personal and sick time off
- Benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance
- The opportunity to make a real difference with underserved kids
- A diverse population of families and staff
- A dynamic and fun place to work (casual dress code
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you don't have a cover letter, you won't be considered -- show us you are truly interested in the position!