Family Services Coordinator
Our mission is to help families break out of the cycle of poverty. For 76 years, Mainspring Schools has led Austin’s effort to provide quality early childhood education, nutrition and support services to underserved families in the community.
We are a NAEYC-accredited, nonprofit preschool that partners with United Way, AISD, Workforce Solutions, Early Head Start and numerous foundations to make sure that our kids are prepared for kindergarten socially, emotionally and educationally and that their families are in the best position for future success.
We are looking for a full-time Family Services Coordinator to help implement our supportive family programs. This is a new position at Mainspring but one that we feel is important for our children, families and staff.
This full-time role is multi-faceted. It's primary role is assisting the Family Services Director in family engagement and support. In addition, it includes coaching teachers in Trust-Based Relational Intervention (TBRI) and implementing the practice across the school, working 1-on-1 with high-need children and, on rare occasion, serving as a floating teacher in the classrooms.
You will develop relationships with every child, family and team member and play an important role in the overall effort. Good things happen here every day, so if you are inspired by the mission and want to feel challenged and fulfilled by your job, we hope you’ll be part of the team.
We are looking for someone who:
- Will work cooperatively and closely with colleagues
- Has experience serving children and families from a diverse background
- Is patient and flexible
- Has conflict resolution skills; ability to manage high-stress conversations
- Has a Bachelor’s degree or higher in counseling, children and family sciences, or related experience
- Has knowledge of poverty and its systemic effects on families
- Is trained in Trust-Based Relational Intervention (TBRI) or willing to attend a comprehensive training course (travel may be necessary)
- Is available 40+ hours a week
- Has or is willing to obtain CPR certification
- Is willing to complete an FBI background check
- Is willing to pitch in everywhere, no matter the task
Here is what you would do:
- Support Family Services Director at parenting events
- Provide child care during parenting events using and modeling TBRI principles
- Interact with families and complete administrative tasks related to enrollment and funding
- Assist Family Services Director with family-related case management tasks
- Communicate with parents when parent/teacher concerns arise
- Serve as proactive TBRI support resource for teachers; bring new information and helpful practices strategies to teachers
- Model TBRI techniques with children and teachers in classrooms
- Work 1-on-1 with children who need extra support throughout the day
- Function as floating teacher in the classrooms when necessary
- Open or close the school building
- Report to the Family Services Director
Here is what we offer:
- Median salary of $32,000 per year and benefits
- The opportunity to make a real difference with underserved kids
- A diverse population of families and staff
- A dynamic and fun place to work (casual dress code, freedom to teach your passions, etc.)
- Annual paid training and staff development (usually on site)
- A supportive admin staff
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.