Job Description Position: Marketing & PR Intern
Mainspring Schools is Austin’s premier nonprofit early childhood education center for economically disadvantaged children. 87% of children brought up in Austin’s low-income neighborhoods will enter kindergarten behind readiness levels, and when children start kindergarten behind, they are likely to stay behind for the rest of their lives.
Mainspring Schools eliminates the early childhood education gap and empowers families. 95% of our graduates start kindergarten at or above the State of Texas Pre-K readiness level & on par with their advantaged peers. Our model is based on a loving & individualized learning environment that systematically prepares the child and parents for success in school & life.
Mainspring Schools is seeking a dynamic and creative Marketing & PR Intern with outstanding communications skills who, through Marketing and promotions, wants to make a difference in the lives of Austin’s children in need.
We are committed to providing back to the ideal candidate through mentorship by our Board members - employees of Google, Humana, Innography and Excelleration Partners.
- Manage and grow Mainspring Schools’ social media presence on Facebook and Instagram (photograph classroom activities, write posts, promote pages)
- Write and format monthly email marketing communications; track performance
- Help strategize the communication plan for our new “Adopt a Child” fundraising initiative
- Find and pursue opportunities for media mentions in local news & blogs
- Update website weekly and as needed
- Love, compassion and patience with children (must also pass background check)
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Proficiency with basic technology & social media platforms
- Exceptional interpersonal and writing communications skills
- Graphic design skills including Photoshop photo editing and creation of marketing materials (mailers, web graphics)
- Experience writing and distributing press releases, social media posts and email marketing messages (Constant Contact)
- Experience performing Wordpress website updates
- Creative and DIY approach to building community awareness for a small but growing nonprofit school
If interested, contact Anthony - email@example.com for more details.