Substitute Teacher (Part-Time)
Our mission is to help families break out of the cycle of poverty. For 76 years, Mainspring Schools has led Austin’s effort to provide quality early childhood education, nutrition and support services to underserved families in the community.
We are a NAEYC-accredited, nonprofit preschool that partners with United Way, AISD, Workforce Solutions, Early Head Start and numerous foundations to make sure that our kids are prepared for kindergarten socially, emotionally and educationally and that their families are in the best position for future success.
We are looking for a substitute teacher who is available an average of 2 days a week for 8 hours a day. More than a "placeholder" while teachers are out, our substitutes are full members of our community. They are truly valued. We also have a strong history of hiring from within when full-time teaching positions open up.
At Mainspring, you’ll experience low ratios, less paperwork and a hard-but-rewarding opportunity to make a real difference in kids’ lives. Good things happen here every day, so if you are inspired by the mission and want to feel challenged and fulfilled by your job, we hope you’ll be part of the team.
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience working with children 6-weeks to 5-years old
- Available on average 2 days a week, 8 hours a day
- Experience working in a licensed childcare center
- Have or be willing to obtain CPR certification
- Experience working with low-income or diverse populations
- CDA, associate's or bachelor's degree in education or child development or in progress on a degree
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- The opportunity to make a real difference with underserved kids
- A diverse population of families and staff
- A dynamic and fun place to work (casual dress code, freedom to teach your passions, etc.)
- Annual paid training and staff development (usually on site)
- A supportive admin staff (including a full-time Director of Family Services)
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.