Co-Lead Infant/Toddler Teacher
Our mission is to help families break out of the cycle of poverty. For 76 years, Mainspring Schools has led Austin’s effort to provide quality early childhood education, nutrition and support services to underserved families in the community.
We are a NAEYC-accredited, nonprofit preschool that partners with United Way, AISD, Workforce Solutions, Early Head Start and numerous foundations to make sure that our kids are prepared for kindergarten socially, emotionally and educationally and that their families are in the best position for future success.
We are looking for a passionate, creative teacher to co-lead (along with another lead teacher) a room of 8 children. We have 3 classroom positions available:
- 0-12 months
- 1-year old
- 2-years old
These are full-time positions.
As part of the Early Head Start program, we require an Associates degree or higher in Early Childhood Development or related field. Candidates holding current CDA certificates are also eligible. Experience with Head Start programs is preferable.
At Mainspring, you’ll experience low ratios, less paperwork and a hard-but-rewarding opportunity to make a real difference in kids’ lives. Good things happen here every day, so if you are inspired by the mission and want to feel challenged and fulfilled by your job, we hope you’ll be part of the team.
- Lesson planning and curriculum implementation
- Creating and maintaining a safe, yet playful environment
- Accurately assessing children
- Communicating effectively with families
- Maintaining NAEYC accreditation
- Communicating effectively with other staff in the program, especially your co-teacher
- Two years experience with infants and/or toddlers in a classroom setting
- A CDA, associate or bachelor's degree in education, early childhood or a related field
- Experience in a licensed childcare (NAEYC accredited preferred)
- Have or be willing to obtain: CPR/First aid certification, criminal background checks, food handler's license
- Experience working with diverse children and families
- A loving, supportive, caring attitude that extends not only towards the children in your class but also the parents in our program
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation and benefits, including health insurance and 401k matching
- The opportunity to make a real difference with underserved kids
- A diverse population of families and staff
- A dynamic and fun place to work (casual dress code, freedom to teach your passions, etc.)
- Annual paid training and staff development (usually on site)
- Substitutes available to cover your paid time off
- A supportive admin staff (including a full-time Director of Family Services)